Importance of Vitamin C for Human Body
Vitamin C is also known as L-Ascorbic acid is an essential nutritional element for human beings. As it cannot develop inside the body it is important to get it from the food we eat and also from different types of supplementary foods. It is an antioxidant that helps in protecting oxidative stress and plays a noticeable role in the development of collagen with the help of enzymes.
Understanding the importance of Vitamin C for human beings, doctors suggest the treatment of Vitamin C infusion to patients suffering from its insufficiency. This helps in offering much better results than taken in the form of tablets.
According to studies, this type of treatment helps in the treatment of severe cancer. In the absence of adequate levels of Vitamin C in the body, you may suffer from different types of problems, like lethargy, scurvy ( a type of health issue in which a person suffers from excessive weakness), easy bruising, and bleeding.
The patients suffering from scurvy have thin collagen. With the infusion of Vitamin C, the density of collagen present in their body starts getting thicker.
Benefits of Vitamin C: Some of the benefits of adding Vitamin C to our diet are:
- It is a nutritional element present in the food and the supplements that we consume every day. It is an antioxidant that plays an important role in the development of collagen in the human body.
- When vitamin C is taken through infusion it reaches more instantly in the blood levels than taken orally in the form of a tablet.
- According to various studies, a high dose of vitamin C helps in controlling the expansion of various health issues like prostate, liver, pancreatic, and different types of cancers. The importance of Vitamin C infusion in the treatment of cancer patients was recognized back in 1970.
- The intake of vitamin C in the form of infusion also helps in treating different types of health issues including mental and emotional disorders, vomiting, appetite, nausea, and fatigue.
Relevance of Vitamin C in the Treatment of Cancer: The importance of vitamin C in the treatment of cancer was recognized back in 1970. The study was conducted by Scotland-based surgeon Ewan Cameron and the Nobel prize winner chemist Linus Pauling. In the latter years, the healthcare professionals revealed that high-dose IV vitamin C is given frequently to patients suffering from the problem of infections and cancers, even breast cancer. The high dose of vitamin C makes the body resistant to cancer.
Symptoms of Vitamin C Deficiency: Some of the symptoms of Vitamin C deficiency are:
- Wounds Do Not Heal Quickly: During an injury, the level of Vitamin C in blood and tissue goes down. At that time our body needs collagen, a type of protein necessary for repairing the dead body cells. In that situation, the intake of Vitamin C helps to fight against the infection with the help of neutrophils. Neutrophils are white blood cells that protect our bodies from different types of infections. In the absence of Vitamin C, your body will not be able to heal the wounds instantly.
- Regular Bleeding from Gums: There are lots of people among us who suffer from the problem of bleeding gums, bleeding nose, etc. If you or someone else is suffering from such problems then it is an indication that you are suffering from Vitamin C deficiency. The intake of Vitamin C helps in retaining good health of blood vessels and controls the problem of blood clotting. According to a study, a person who eats grapes regularly for fifteen to twenty days will start recovering from the problem of bleeding gums.
- Always feel Tired: If you always feel tired and cranky then also it is an indication that your body suffers from a deficiency of Vitamin C. Some people easily get tired after working for a few minutes. This is mainly due to the absence of Vitamin C in their body.
- Poor Immunity: Today when the world is suffering from the COVID-19 pandemic doctors are suggesting to boost the immunity system. Because studies have proved that people with weak immune systems are prone to this global pandemic. The absence of Vitamin C is one of the reasons behind the weak immunity system. To strengthen this, doctors are recommending including sufficient quantities of Vitamin C in the diet.
These are some symptoms that reveal that your body is suffering from a deficiency of Vitamin C.