Do you want to more customers to take a look at your refrigerator and say – I will take that one? if you do, then you know that it’s only possible if you have a five star rating for energy efficiency.
Let’s discuss how you can obtain via a simple BEE certification process.
What is BEE Certification?
The Bureau of energy Efficiency oversees the promotion and development of innovative ways to converse energy in India. Ever since the economic boom of 2002, when most customers started buying elite home appliances like refrigerators, it was the BEE’s idea to institute a BEE certification.
As per the rules of certification, manufactures of those appliances that fall under BEE had to obtain a BEE certification – star rating for energy efficiency for individual appliance. The Bureau implements three steps to issue the license:
- Assessment of application
- Assessment of the brand
- Assessment of the product
Once your refrigerator has gone through these assessments, only then it would get the star rating that you deserve.
Assessment of application
The first step of BEE registration process is testing the product on your own. Reach out to a lab that has accreditation from NABL, for they are the ones most trusted by the government. Let the lab run an un-biased test on your refrigerator. Along with information about the quality of this product, you’d also find out the efficiency of your refrigerator. If you think that the consumption is high, you can instruct your engineers to come up with a feasible solution.
Once you have a solution and have implemented it and, it has yielded the right efficiency that you sought, now comes the time to file the application. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the official website of Bureau of Energy Efficiency
- Hover your mouse across the panels until you find a menu with an option that says “BEE certification”
- When you do, select the option and you’ll go the brand registration application form.
- Before you can file the application, the portal requires you to register and login to the site.
- Do so and proceed with the application filing.
- Once you’ve filled the application form, you’ll receive prompts to upload documents.
- Upload the requisite documents that include the following:
- Certificate of incorporation of your business or any other business identity proof
- Trademark registration certificate if you have it.
- BIS certificate for the product you manufacture
- SSI certificate
- Details of your manufacturing facility
- Submit the fee and the application online
As soon as you submit the application, you’ll receive a notification stating the timeline within which your application will run through the assessment.
During assessment, the application details are carefully scrutinized. If no errors have been made, the BEE would start looking into your brand. Read More: FFMC License
Assessment of your brand
Details that you provide during the previous section : BIS certification and details of the manufacturing factory are ways to assess your brand. The Bureau uses these documents to put your facility under the microscope to see whether you employ responsible trade practices. If you do, you obtain BEE certification for your refrigerator’s brand.
Assessment of the product
After the Bureau approves your brand, it grants you permission to get model assessment – which leads to star rating for your refrigerator. The steps for it are as follows:
- Use your user credentials to access your BEE dashboard
- Click on Model Registration
- Enter the specifics of the refrigerator model
- Apply for star rating.
- IF you have multiple models of refrigerators for which you seek star rating, you can add them here.
- Submit the application form and the prescribed fees per model
- Take the printout of the application
- Deliver the printout to the BEE along with the following:
- BEE brand registration certificate
- Test report of the model
- Sample of the model.
The sample or samples will go through assessment. Here, you’d know how much effective innovation you have implemented to increase the efficiency of your refrigerator. Once the assessment is finished, you will obtain the star rating for your product.
To get the a five star rating for your refrigerator, you need to be innovative about energy efficiency. Only then you’ll obtain the rating you deserve. However, don’t ignore the right BEE registration process. Missing the documents, entering the wrong detail and other such issues during the process can delay the process. For further help, contact Registrationwala.
This blog tells you how to get a five star rating for your refrigerator. If you have more queries, consult with Registrationwala.